SEK International School- El Castillo is currently looking to recruit a well-qualified, dynamic and dedicated Mathematics teacher for both the IB Diploma and Middle Years Programmes. The post is to start in January 2023.
Candidates interested in this position must have a proficient level in English, as well as a European Passport or a Visa to work in EU member states.
SEK International School – El Castillo is a co-educational, day and boarding, bilingual and international school located about 20 kms from downtown Madrid, with a student body of 1100 students. Although most students are Spanish, 30% come from 50 different nationalities. Teachers come from a range of locations: Spain, the UK, other areas of Europe, Africa and the Americas. The school is an IB World School since 1973 and is authorized to offer the PYP, MYP and DP. SEK El Castillo is also accredited by NEASC and is member of and the Council of International Schools. The school is part of a group of schools (SEK Educational Group), which has locations across Spain, in France, Ireland or Qatar.
• Identify and promote core learning skills and teaching strategies in DP and MYP. Plan and deliver learning experiences in Mathematics ensuring access for all students.
• Encourage best practice through support, advice and training across school (we deliver the Continuum PYP, MYP and DP).
• Leader of learning area
• DP Coordinator
• Vice Principal of Learning and Teaching
• Plan, prepare, develop and deliver courses of study to a range of classes according to the school curriculum guidelines, school requirements, the IB Diploma Programme (both Maths subjects at both HL and SL) and the Middle Years Programme guidelines. Both English and Spanish are our languages of instruction.
• Develop and present lesson plans by using a variety of teaching models and techniques in the subject areas. Use of relevant technology to support teaching.
• Manage, control and operate course provisions for the teaching of your subject.
• Collaborate with other teachers to revise, develop and write new vertical and horizontal curriculum documents, assessment and evaluation, and reporting, as required.
• Keep up to date with international developments in the subject area, as well as teaching practice and methodology.
• Observe, monitor and assess students’ learning and progress. Prepare assignments and tests of assessment, homework, and other projects.
• Model inquiry practice in the classroom and the IB learner profile.
• Differentiate courses of study and lessons to meet the individual needs of diverse students, based on their academic ability and previous achievement.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of student’s academic progress and achievement.
• Communicate student progress and evaluations with parents.
• Maintain good student behaviour in the classroom and on school premises in accordance with the IB Learner Profile and the school’s disciplinary policies.
• Prepare the classroom environment and maintain a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment.
• Take on class tutorship role and support students individually and as a group, through their academic and personal difficulties.
• Use relevant ICT to support teaching and learning, as per school policies and expected methodologies.
• Prepare students for qualifications and external examinations.
• Participate in school and staff meetings and professional development opportunities, as well as other school wide and institutional events.
• Be willing to participate, cooperate and possibly lead other initiatives in school related to developing the school culture, leadership among the students and promotion of school values, such as projects, field trips, events and pastoral care of students, as a way to effectively meet the personal, social (wellbeing) and academic needs of students and staff.