SEK International School Qatar is one of the 10 schools of SEK Educational Group, pioneer in the implementation of the International Baccalaurate Programs IB®, and it´s located at the prominent West Bay, Al Farouq Street in Doha, Qatar.
For this next academic year, starting in August 2023, SEK Qatar needs to incorporate a MYP and DP Music Teacher.
Promote student learning, through carefully planned, taught, and assessed lessons, and ensure that students have the opportunities to develop in all areas: academic, physical, socio-emotional and ethical. Promote the respect and understanding of the culture of the host country, Qatar.
• Plan, teach and assess relevant, global and significant learning engagements that differentiate for individual student needs, according to the requirements of the corresponding IB Program.
• Create a stimulating classroom environment.
• Regularly contribute to curriculum planning and development including interdisciplinary units of work and the development of transdisciplinary skills and attributes of the IB learner Profile.
• Include technology in the students’ learning experiences as a valid support to the process.
• Give students regular feedback, both orally and written, and encourage students to respond to the feedback, reflect on progress
• Teaching qualification adequate for the teaching job.
• ICT knowledge.
• Experience relevant to the job.
• Fluency in English. Arabic and Spanish desirable.
• Double degrees, master and international experience are valued positively.
• Previous experience of teaching the IB MYP and IB DP is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior IB experience will be considered
• We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our teachers are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience.
• We offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, housing allowance, free child places and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in Qatar.
• Full time contract.