DP & MYP Mathematics Teacher
SEK International School- El Castillo is currently looking to recruit a well-qualified, dynamic and dedicated Mathematics teacher for both the IB Diploma and Middle Years Programmes. The post is full time and to start in September 2023.
SEK International School – El Castillo is a co-educational, day and boarding, bilingual and international school located about 20 kms from downtown Madrid, with a student body of 1100 students. Although most students are Spanish, 23% come from 50 different nationalities. Teachers come from a range of locations: Spain, the UK, other areas of Europe, Africa and the Americas. The school is an IB World School since 1977 and is authorized to offer the PYP, MYP and DP. SEK El Castillo is also accredited by NEASC and is member of and the Council of International Schools. The school is part of a group of schools (SEK Institution Educational Group), which has locations across Spain, France, Ireland, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
- Identify and promote core learning skills and teaching strategies in DP and MYP. Plan and deliver learning experiences in Mathematics ensuring access for all students.
- Encourage best practice through support, advice and training across school (we deliver the Continuum PYP, MYP and DP).
- Plan, prepare, develop and deliver courses of study to a range of classes according to the school curriculum guidelines, school requirements for the IB Diploma Programme both Mathematics subjects Mathematics Analysis & Approaches y de Mathematics Applications & Interpretations at both HL and SL
- Plan, prepare, develop and deliver courses of study to a range of classes according to the school curriculum guidelines, school requirements for the Mathematics in the Middle Years Programme guidelines.
- Develop and present lesson plans by using a variety of teaching models and techniques in the subject areas. Use of relevant technology to support teaching.
- Manage, control and operate course provisions for the teaching of your subject.
- Collaborate with other teachers to revise, develop and write new vertical and horizontal curriculum documents, assessment and evaluation, and reporting, as required.
- Keep up to date with international developments in the subject area, as well as teaching practice and methodology.
- Observe, monitor and assess students’ learning and progress. Prepare assignments and tests of assessment, homework, and other projects.
- Model inquiry practice in the classroom and the IB learner profile.
- Differentiate courses of study and lessons to meet the individual needs of diverse students, based on their academic ability and previous achievement.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student’s academic progress and achievement.
- Communicate student progress and evaluations with parents.
- Maintain good student behaviour in the classroom and on school premises in accordance with the IB Learner Profile and the school’s disciplinary policies.
- Prepare the classroom environment and maintain a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment.
- Take on class tutorship role and support students individually and as a group, through their academic and personal difficulties.
- Use relevant ICT to support teaching and learning, as per school policies and expected methodologies.
- Prepare students for qualifications and external examinations.
- Participate in school and staff meetings and professional development opportunities, as well as other school wide and institutional events.
- Be willing to participate, cooperate and possibly lead other initiatives in school related to developing the school culture, leadership among the students and promotion of school values, such as projects, field trips, events and pastoral care of students, as a way to effectively meet the personal, social (wellbeing) and academic needs of students and staff.
- Mathematics, Engineer or Physics university degree
- Accepted teacher certification
- Proficient level (C2 or equivalent) in English
- European Passport or a Visa to work in EU member states.
- Open-mindedness and international-mindedness
- Disposition to collaborate and work effectively in collaborative groups
- Consistently communicate openly with all stakeholders, based on understanding and respect
- Respects and practices the content of the school mission statement and its ‘core values’
- English and Spanish Proficiency, at least C2 with proven experience of teaching in English
- Knowledge and experience or training in the DP
- IB trained in planning and/or assessment in MYP
- Experience working in international schools and contexts
- Ability to teach in Spanish
If you would like to be considered for this post, please send your CV. Please, name two referees, we will only contact them after securing your permission.
- SEK Internationals Schools
- IB / Bachillerato
- Urb. Villafranca del Castillo, Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid, España
Urb. Villafranca del Castillo, Villanueva de la Cañada, Madrid, España
Lugar de trabajo y cultura
¿Por qué trabajar en los colegios SEK y en la Universidad Camilo José Cela?
- Te incorporarás a una organización centenaria, líder en el sector de educación, y a la vanguardia en innovación, emprendimiento y compromiso social.
- Somos una empresa B Corp, la única entidad educativa española que cuenta con este reconocimiento. Se trata de un movimiento mundial que promueve valores éticos y de innovación, comprometido con el medio ambiente y socialmente responsables.
- Entrarás en el corazón de la innovación, beneficiándote así de la experiencia de un equipo internacional y multicultural.
- Formarás parte de un grupo internacional que promueve la movilidad, la diversidad y el intercambio de experiencias, para que cada individuo alcance la mejor versión de sí mismo.
- Trabajamos con los mejores profesionales que utilizan las últimas tecnologías y metodologías de aprendizaje, en un entorno de trabajo privilegiado.
- Ofrecemos oportunidades de formación y actualización permanente a todos nuestros profesionales y a sus familiares directos.
- Estamos comprometidos con nuestros profesionales, promoviendo políticas de salud, bienestar, igualdad y conciliación.
- Acreditamos calidad y excelencia en lo que hacemos. Contamos con distintos reconocimientos: B Corp, Programas IB, EFR, NEAS, CIS y The Duke of Ediburgh´s International Award.
- Tenemos un proceso de selección que garantiza y promueve la diversidad, la igualdad de oportunidades, sin discriminación por razones de edad, etnia, religión, nacionalidad, género, orientación sexual o estado civil.
DP & MYP Mathematics Teacher
Cargando formulario de solicitud