SEK International School- El Castillo is currently looking to recruit a well-qualified, dynamic and dedicated Physics Teacher for both the IB Diploma and Middle Years Programmes to cover a sick leave.
SEK International School – El Castillo is a co-educational, day and boarding, bilingual and international school located about 20 kms from downtown Madrid, with a student body of 1100 students. Although most students are Spanish, 23% come from 50 different nationalities. Teachers come from a range of locations: Spain, the UK, other areas of Europe, Africa and the Americas. The school is an IB World School since 1977 and is authorized to offer the PYP, MYP and DP. SEK El Castillo is also accredited by NEASC and is member of and the Council of International Schools. The school is part of a group of schools (SEK Institution Educational Group), which has locations across Spain, France, Ireland, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
- Identify and promote core learning skills and teaching strategies in DP and MYP. Plan and deliver learning experiences in Physics ensuring access for all students.
- Encourage best practice through support, advice and training across school (we deliver the Continuum PYP, MYP and DP).
- Plan, prepare, develop and deliver courses of study to a range of classes according to the school curriculum guidelines, school requirements for the Physics IB Diploma Programme and MYP .
- Develop and present lesson plans by using a variety of teaching models and techniques in the subject areas. Use of relevant technology to support teaching.
- Manage, control and operate course provisions for the teaching of your subject.
- Collaborate with other teachers to revise, develop and write new vertical and horizontal curriculum documents, assessment and evaluation, and reporting, as required.
- Keep up to date with international developments in the subject area, as well as teaching practice and methodology.
- Observe, monitor and assess students’ learning and progress. Prepare assignments and tests of assessment, homework, and other projects.
- Model inquiry practice in the classroom and the IB learner profile.
- Differentiate courses of study and lessons to meet the individual needs of diverse students, based on their academic ability and previous achievement.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student’s academic progress and achievement.
- Communicate student progress and evaluations with parents.
- Maintain good student behaviour in the classroom and on school premises in accordance with the IB Learner Profile and the school’s disciplinary policies.
- Prepare the classroom environment and maintain a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment.
- Take on class tutorship role and support students individually and as a group, through their academic and personal difficulties.
- Use relevant ICT to support teaching and learning, as per school policies and expected methodologies.
- Prepare students for qualifications and external examinations.
- Participate in school and staff meetings and professional development opportunities, as well as other school wide and institutional events.
- Be willing to participate, cooperate and possibly lead other initiatives in school related to developing the school culture, leadership among the students and promotion of school values, such as projects, field trips, events and pastoral care of students, as a way to effectively meet the personal, social (wellbeing) and academic needs of students and staff.
- Engineer or Physics university degree
- Accepted teacher certification
- Proficient level (C2 or equivalent) in English
- European Passport or a Visa to work in EU member states.
- Open-mindedness and international-mindedness
- Disposition to collaborate and work effectively in collaborative groups
- Consistently communicate openly with all stakeholders, based on understanding and respect
- Respects and practices the content of the school mission statement and its ‘core values’
- English and Spanish Proficiency, at least C2 with proven experience of teaching in English
- Knowledge and experience or training in the DP
- IB trained in planning and/or assessment in MYP
- Experience working in international schools and contexts
- Ability to teach in Spanish
If you would like to be considered for this post, please send your CV. Please, name two referees, we will only contact them after securing your permission.